Coaching Service: Mentoring service for unpublished fiction writers. For those authors who don’t know all the latest techniques publishers require in all books they contract for. All coaching clients will receive:
- Overall Assessment of writing skills and challenges, based on the first chapter
- In-depth critique of first chapter for grammar, usage, spelling, punctuation, clarity of story-line, character introductions, proper dialogue, formatting, and other mechanics and techniques pertinent to fiction.
- Ongoing coaching for subsequent chapters. Includes critiques and editor availability to teach various aspects of writing and answer author questions.
Novel Submission help: For authors who have completed their book and are ready to submit it to an agent or publisher. I offer four different submissions services:
- Novel Synopsis Critique: Check for point of view, tense, content, sentence structure, clarity of story line, plot progression, and character summary.
- Novel Synopsis Critique and Condensation: The basic novel synopsis critique and also includes shortening the synopsis to the required length.
- Novel Proposal Edit: Substantive critique for all components of a novel proposal, including query letter, synopsis, author biography, marketing analysis, cover page and formatting (does not include the first three sample chapters).
- Query Letter Edit: Check for proper query letter structure, opening hook, content, sentence structure, punctuation, and grammar.
Overall Critique: Written analysis of plot, character, dialog, scene momentum, and complete list of 34 elements of fiction. strengths and weaknesses. Will include a list of strengths and challenges and specific suggestions for changes and general suggestions about style and tone.
Proofreading: A final read through for a manuscript about to go to an editor, agent or publisher. Manuscript would be scrutinized for grammar, punctuation, formatting and typographical errors.
Copy Editing – Basic: Checks for punctuation, grammar, formatting, typographical errors, inconsistencies in point of view and tense, redundancies, sentence clarity, flagging names, titles and quotes the author needs to check for accuracy.
Copy Editing – Substantive: In addition to the basic copyediting, this also includes checking for content, dialogue, character and plot development, setting, conflict, and author tone or voice, using the list of 34 elements of fiction found on my website.
Ghost-writing — Fiction: Using the Client’s plot outline, character charts and research data, the Editor agrees to write a fiction book using all the methods and fiction elements mentioned in the above editorial tasks. At the Client’s request, the Editor further agrees to send the Client completed portions of the manuscript for approval.